This mushroom masala curry is simply the best because it's delicious, rich, hearty & flavorful. It's a perfect recipe for a simple dinner. Serve this mushroom gravy over rice or with any Indian flatbreads, sure it will be loved by everyone.
Prep Time: 7 mins Cook Time: 23 mins Total Time: 30 mins Serves: 3
Nutritional information (per serving)
Calories: 160 kcal Fats: 12g Carbs: 11g Protein: 3g Fiber: 3g
Perfect For: Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 200g to 230g PlantVita White Button Mushrooms or Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onions, cubed (1 large)
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed (2 large)
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 12 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¾ to 1 tsp. garam masala
- ½ to ¾ tsp. Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¾ to 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ tsp. salt or as needed
- ¼ tsp. kasuri methi
- 1 small bay leaf or 10 curry leaves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon piece
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp. cream (optional)
Let’s get cooking:
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add cubed onions. Boil them until transparent for about 5 to 6 mins. Drain them and cool down.
2. Add onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and 12 cashews to a blender jar.
3. Make a fine paste and set aside. Ensure the paste is smooth and not coarse.
How to make mushroom masala curry
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. optional - When the oil becomes hot, add bay leaf, cardamoms & cinnamon.
2. Pour the onion tomato puree and cook covered until the mixture thickens. Keep stirring often while frying.
3. Then add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
4. Saute on a low heat until the mixture turns fragrant and leaves the sides of the pan.
5. While the mixture cooks, rinse and slice the mushrooms.
6. When the onion tomato masala becomes aromatic. add sliced mushrooms and salt.
7. Saute for 2 to 3 mins until the flavor of mushrooms come out.
8. Next pour ½ to ¾ cup water or as needed to make a thick gravy.
9. Cook until the mushrooms turn tender and not soggy. If the gravy is too thick add little hot water.
10. Sprinkle kasuri methi. Cover and Turn off the stove.
11. Mix and serve mushroom masala hot with basmati rice or roti.