PlantVita Tofu is about to become your new go-to taco filling.
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total Time: 25 mins Serves: 4
Nutritional information (per serving)
Calories: 220 kcal Fats: 10g Carbs: 21g Protein: 12g Fiber: 5g
Perfect For: Evening Snack
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 340g PlantVita Extra-Firm or Firm Tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
Let’s get cooking:
- Finely chop the garlic, onion, and red bell pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the vegetable mixture and sauté for 4 minutes. Crumble the tofu into the skillet, season with the chili powder, coriander and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Spoon the tofu filling into corn tortillas and top with the romaine and jalapeño. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.