Crispy fried tofu rounds out this sweet and spicy noodle dish.
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 35 mins Serves: 4
Nutritional information (per serving)
Calories: 440 kcal Fats: 10g Carbs: 73g Protein: 16g Fiber: 5g
Perfect For: Lunch
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 400g PlantVita Extra-Firm Tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 250g rice noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sweet chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Let’s get cooking:
- Slice tofu 1/2- inch thick. Cut into cubes, transfer to a bowl and toss with cornstarch.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as per package directions and rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and garlic; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add red bell pepper and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet. Add tofu and cook, tossing, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add noodles and sauce and toss to combine. Fold in pepper, sprouts and scallions and cook for 2 minutes.