Prepared with Silken Tofu instead of eggs, this Chocolate Cake is all that you need after a heavy meal. Healthiest around, yet so delish!
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 40 mins Serves: 4
Calories: 756 kcal Fats: 23g Carbs: 124g Protein: 16g
Perfect For: Desert
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 350g Silken Tofu
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. canola oil / grapeseed oil / sunflower oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup water (boiling)
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil or grease a 9-inch round cake tin. Set aside.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Process the tofu in a blender until creamy. Add the maple syrup and oil and process until smooth.
- Stir the tofu mixture and add almond milk into the dry ingredients. Add the boiling water and continue to stir until the batter is fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake until it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 15 to 20 minutes on a wire cooling rack before removing it from the tin. Once the cake is completely cool, frost it with your favorite dairy-free frosting.