This spicy garlic edamame is ridiculously simple to make and tastes amazing. Let's kick up the flavors with lots of garlic, ginger and a spicy chili sauce.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5 mins Total Time: 10 mins Serves: 4
Nutritional information (per serving)
Calories: 183 kcal Fats: 9.9g Carbs: 12.9g Protein: 13.5g Fiber: 5.5g
Perfect For: Side dish, Snack
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 450g PlantVita Frozen Edamame Pods
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil like avocado, grape seed or safflower oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce or tamari
- 2 to 3 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp. Sambal Oelek or Sriracha
Let’s get cooking:
- Edamame can be made on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- To boil edamame: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Add the edamame and return to a boil. Cook until bright green and heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- To microwave edamame: Place the edamame in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup of water and a pinch of salt. Partially cover the dish with a plate, and then microwave on high until bright green and heated through. Depending on your microwave, this can take 1 to 5 minutes.
Make the sauce
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, but before they brown, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat, and then stir in the soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, and chili sauce.
- Taste and adjust with additional maple syrup to balance out the soy sauce or more chili sauce to make it spicier.
- Toss the edamame with the sauce and serve.