Greek salad ingredients sandwiched between layers of bread smothered with avocado and pesto. A quick, satisfying vegan lunch and so delicious!
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins Serves: 2
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1 Sandwich)
Calories: 560 kcal Fats: 38.5g Carbs: 48.3g Protein: 12.1g Fiber: 15.1g
Perfect For: Lunch
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 slices PlantVita Protein Bread
- 1 PlantVita Hass Avocado
- 2 tablespoon vegan pesto
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- handful spring salad/microgreen mix
- balsamic vinegar
Let’s get cooking:
- Pit and peel the avocado half and mash it with a fork. Use a butter knife to spread avocado on one slice of bread. Spread a layer of pesto on the other slice of bread.
- Top the avocado bread with a single layer of roasted red bell pepper. Then add a layer of cucumber slices, red onion, olives and spring mix. Use a spoon to sprinkle some balsamic reduction over the lettuce. Place the pesto slice on top, pesto side down.