Super soft, fluffy and light breakfast pancakes made with silken tofu and fresh soy milk. Served with maple syrup and berries. Heavenly!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins Serves: 2
Perfect For: Breakfast
Here’s what you’ll need:
- PlantVita Kinu Silken Tofu (250g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml PlantVita Fresh Soy Milk (or any other non- dairy milk)
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- 125 g all-purpose flour (gluten- free if needed)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tbsp. baking powder (gluten- free if needed)
- ½ tsp. salt
Let’s get cooking:
- In a large bowl, blend together PlantVita Kinu Silken Tofu, vanilla and plant milk, until smooth and thick batter forms. Use an electric mixer or blender if needed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the tofu mix into dry ingredients and mix well, until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a large (ideally non-stick) frying pan and swirl around 1 tsp oil. Using a ladle or large serving spoon, drop in 3 spoonful of batter, easing it out gently in the pan to make pancakes
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until bubbles pop over most surfaces. Loosen with a palette knife, then flip over the pancakes and cook for 1 min more or until puffed up and firm.
- Serve warm with sliced banana, berries, toasted nuts and a good drizzle of maple syrup.