Silky smooth and rich in flavor, this velvety pudding is perfect if you want to boost your chocolate pudding with the health benefits of avocado.
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 15 mins Serves: 3
Perfect For: Dessert
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate
- 1 large ripe PlantVita Hass Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp. almond milk or dairy-free milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- Generous pinch of sea salt, plus more to taste
- Vegan whipped cream
- Fresh berries
Let’s get cooking:
- Roughly chop the chocolate and add it to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring between intervals to keep the chocolate from burning. Repeat this process until the chocolate is almost entirely melted. Set it aside.
- Add the avocado, almond milk, maple syrup, and salt to a blender. Process until smooth or mostly smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into the blender and blend again until the pudding is completely smooth. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides as needed. Taste and add a little more salt or maple syrup as you see fit.
- Pour the pudding into little ramekins or small cups. The chocolate will likely be a little warm at this point, so place in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Serve as is or top with vegan whipped cream, nuts, berries, or whatever you’d like.