If you're thinking about a meatless meal, give these no-fuss quinoa & black bean stuffed peppers a try. They come together with just a few ingredients and put a tasty spin on a low-fat dinner!
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 55 mins Serves: 2
Calories: 393 kcal Fats: 8g Carbs: 59g Protein: 18g
Perfect For: Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 jar (450g) chunky salsa, divided
- 1 can (420g) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dairy-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded plant-based cheese, divided
Let’s get cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Turn peppers cut side up.
3. Reserve 1/3 cup salsa; add remaining salsa to quinoa. Stir in beans, dairy-free ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until filling is heated through, 10-15 minutes. Top with reserved salsa.