An Quinoa Apple Breakfast Bake is perfect for a sunday brunch. Quinoa is a nutritious change and alternative for oatmeal.
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 55 mins Serves: 2
Calories: 267 kcal Fats: 13g Carbs: 35g Protein: 6g
Perfect For: Breakfast, Brunch
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup mashed peeled ripe Apple
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Let’s get cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a small mixing bowl; transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes with the lid on. Combine almonds, brown sugar, and butter in a separate small bowl; sprinkle over quinoa mixture.
2. For 5-10 minutes keep it uncovered, until lightly browned. Allow 10 minutes to rest before serving.