Thick, juicy and umami-packed Vegan Portobello Steaks made with a garlic soy marinade and a hint of maple syrup. These steaks are perfect on the BBQ, with pasta, or as a side with just about everything!
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total Time: 40 mins Serves: 4
Perfect For: Side dish, lunch, dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 PV King Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari sauce
- ¼ cup plain tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- pinch sea salt and pepper
Let’s get cooking:
- Remove the stems of the Portobello mushrooms. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large deep bowl.
- Toss the mushrooms in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for half-hour in the fridge.
- Warm a large grill (or BBQ) over high heat. Spray grill with a non-stick cooking spray. Grill the mushrooms on each side for about 3-4 minutes (7-8 minutes total). Brush the mushrooms with the marinade while grilling.
- When the mushrooms are nicely grilled and cooked through, remove from the grill and serve warm with your favorite pasta, side, in a bun as a burger!