Portobello mushrooms have such a nice, tender, "meaty" texture, so they work really well in these satisfying veggie fajitas plus they are so flavorful and only take 25 minutes to make!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total Time: 25 mins Serves: 3 (6 tacos)
Nutrition per serving (2 tacos)
Calories: 207 kcal, Carbohydrates: 44.2g, Protein: 6.7g, Fat: 2.4g, Sugars: 10g
Perfect For: Brunch, Lunch or Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 PV Portobello mushrooms
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any combo of red, orange, yellow or green), sliced
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika / chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 PlantVita Avocados
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- 1 Lime
- 6 Corn or flour tortillas
Let’s get cooking:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add the onions, peppers, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt, toss to combine.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute, gently stirring the mushrooms carefully, until peppers and Portobellos are soft, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Smash or slice the avocado, add the juice of 1 lime and about 2 tablespoons of diced jalapeno and generous pinch of salt.
- Layer each tortilla with the mushroom-pepper mix, top with avocado and coriander leaves. Add a squeeze of lime over top. A little hot sauce would be great too!