Nothing like some warm bread sheera in the morning, especially when it’s protein-packed, made with PV’s Protein bread with a masala twist
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total Time: 15 mins Serves: 2
Perfect For: Breakfast, evening snack
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 loaf PV Protein Bread, cubed
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ green pepper, diced
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp ginger, minced
- ½ green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- A squeeze of lemon
- Coriander to garnish (optional)
- Salt& pepper to taste
Let’s get cooking:
- Sautee the garlic and ginger in a pan with oil/butter of your choice and add the onions once the aroma of the garlic kicks in.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add the dry spices and mix well. Then add the tomatoes and green peppers.
- Once well-cooked and mushy, add in the cubes of bread and combine well, until the bread is well coated in flavour.
- You can adjust the seasonings as per your preference and serve with a squeeze of lemon and garnish of fresh coriander.