This yellow tofu curry with coconut milk and colorful vegetables is 100% vegan and gluten-free and is a healthy and nutritious meal ready in 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total Time: 30 mins Serves: 4
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (with rice)
Calories: 392 kcal, Carbohydrates: 61.9g, Protein: 16.4g, Fat: 10.1g, Sugars: 8g
Perfect For: Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup black rice/brown rice
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ¼ cup water/broth (for water sauté)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 200g PlantVita shiitake or cremini mushrooms,
- 1 tbsp. curry powder/garam masala powder
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 400g PlantVita Firm or Extra-Firm Tofu
- 400g coconut milk (light or full-fat)
- 2 cups water, vegetable broth, or plain non-dairy milk
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- big handful baby greens (spinach, kale, chard, or combo)
- mineral salt, to taste
- cilantro, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
Let’s get cooking:
- In a medium pot, add rice and water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until soft.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat, add onion, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, sweet potato, bell peppers, and mushrooms, cook another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder/garam masala and turmeric, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add in the coconut milk, remaining liquids, and tofu, stir gently. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, until sweet potato is fork-tender.
- Turn off the heat, add in the lime juice and leafy greens, stirring gently until the greens soften and wilt.
- Serve the tofu curry overtop rice and enjoy with fresh cilantro on top and a squeeze of more lime juice if you like. Pairs well with homemade Vegan Naan