This easy to make Quinoa Patty packs an amazing taste and the crunch from the addition of quinoa makes the texture to die for. This is an easy and delicious burger patty option that you must try!
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 55 mins Serves: 2
Calories: 235 kcal Fats: 10g Carbs: 28g Protein: 8g
Perfect For: Evening Snacks
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup edamame beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 small bowl of soy milk for coating
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: Sour cream, salsa and minced fresh cilantro
Let’s get cooking:
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, place carrot in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add beans; process until chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Mix in cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, green onions, soy milk and seasonings. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side, turning carefully. If desired, serve with optional ingredients.