I get it, sometimes making a delicious, easy and quick breakfast can be such a hard task especially when you’re on weight loss which makes it further challenging and so instead of making one, you just end up skipping your breakfast. Well, not anymore.
Here’s a lip-smacking easy and quick chocolate protein oatmeal recipe to give you a break from your boring breakfast routine; plus its packed with nutrients, protein and fiber so you feel full for a longer time. Let’s get started.
Preparation time: 10-15 min
What You Need
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dark)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp. honey/maple syrup
- ½ scoop of PlantVita’s Double Chocolate TRIM Meal Shake for a protein boost. (You can also use ½ scoop of PlantVita’s Unflavoured Protein Powder)
- Toppings: 1-2 sliced strawberries, ½ sliced banana, 1tbsp chia seeds/other seeds
How To Make Chocolate Protein Oatmeal
- Combine the unsweetened plant-based milk, pinch of salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, PlantVita’s Double Chocolate TRIM Meal Shake, or Unflavoured Protein Powder in a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the rolled oats and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they reach a light boil.
- Take off the flame and let it stand for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl, then add honey and mix.
- Garnish with strawberries, banana and PlantVita's EATS - Super Seeds Mix.
- Your delicious chocolate protein oatmeal is ready.
You can also try different variations of oatmeal bowl by switching ingredients and toppings of your choice.