Before you decide to exit this recipe page to find another— just know that this one is a hidden hit and definitely is not as weird as it sounds! The aquafaba is simply used as a binding agent, as a replacement for egg whites.
Serves: 3 Cook Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins
Perfect for: Dessert
Here's what you'll need:
- 3/4 cup semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
Let's get cooking:
- Combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil and cacao powder in a bowl and warm in the microwave in 30 second increments until it has melted.
- In the meantime, start whipping the aquafaba in a bowl or mixer. Within about 10 minutes, the aquafaba should develop stiff peaks, much like egg whites would.
- Once the chocolate has melted and the aquafaba is ready, gently and gradually combine the two.
- Transfer into individual bowls and let it set in the refrigerator overnight.