Try our recipe of Red Rice Chutney Salad to hit that seasonal fruit season with Indian spices & chutney to go with it. Tip for spicing it up, add little hot chili oil as per your spice tolerance.
You'll love it!
Prep Time: 30 mins Total Time: 35 mins Serves: 8
Calories: 469 kcal Fats: 17g Carbs: 72g Protein: 9g
Perfect For: Brunch, Lunch
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 cups cooked red rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped if desired
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Let’s get cooking:
- In a large bowl, whisk mango chutney, olive oil, red wine vinegar, curry powder, salt and garam masala. Add the rice, carrots, cranberries, red pepper and green onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Just before serving, add spinach and apple; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cashews.