Our Red Rice Bean Bowl is a perfect meal to fill your tummy. Make this comforting dish by swapping white rice with a healthy and nutritious alternative, 'Red Rice.'
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 30 mins Serves: 4
Calories: 354 kcal Fats: 8g Carbs: 58g Protein: 15g Fiber: 12g
Perfect For: Lunch, Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups cooked red rice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded plant-based cheese
- 1/4 cup plant-based reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100g diced tomatoes, undrained
- 450g kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Let’s get cooking:
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, green pepper and onion; cook and stir until it's tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, rice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until heated through, 7-9 minutes. Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.